Why World of Warcraft players are leaving for FFXIV

Nơi giới thiệu và lưu trữ những hình ảnh đẹp của các môn sinh khắp nơi trên thế giới.

Gửi bàigửi bởi upamfva » Thứ 2 Tháng 12 27, 2021 10:25 am

Is World of Warcraft dying? You know, it's funny — I've been playing WoW on and off since the game launched in 2004. I've tallied over 10,000 hours of playtime in the game, going from hunting server-first boss kills and raid achievements in my youth to more casual high-end scheduled raids in my work-addled adulthood. I'd scoff at media types writing stories about "WoW killers" and hyperbolic articles talking about WoW dying, only for it to defy expiry date expectations time and time again. This time, however, something feels a bit different.To get more news about buy wow gold paypal, you can visit lootwowgold official website.

WoW has long been the king of the paid-MMO world, until now. A challenger from another legendary franchise has arisen, dubbed Final Fantasy XIV: Realm Reborn. FFXIV was notorious for failure ironically in its early days, with a catastrophically under-realized system that failed to maintain a stable player base. To Square Enix's credit, they stuck with it, investing millions to literally reboot the entire world. Since that event, the game has steadily grown, reaching record concurrent players on Steam, with some third-party population trackers putting it on competing grounds with World of Warcraft for active players. I wrote recently about how some big WoW influencers have also deserted the game for FFXIV, flooding Final Fantasy XIV's servers with new players (affectionately known in-game as sprouts).

Is FFXIV going to kill WoW? Maybe not today. This recent player exodus might be temporary, but unless Blizzard takes notice, I believe it's only a matter of time before World of Warcraft relinquishes its crown for good. Why exactly are so many players leaving World of Warcraft? Here's what I believe.

I killed over 40 high-end bosses without getting a single upgrade during World of Warcraft: Shadowlands. It was at this point I just decided the game wasn't worth my time anymore. Blizzard has implemented some improvements to gearing in the latest 9.1 update to Shadowlands, but you have to wonder why these systems weren't already in place, especially considering they are literally recycled from past expansions. I'd also argue that these "token" systems reduce the thrill of getting items from, you know, bosses.

Additionally, Blizzard stopped putting any effort into making items in WoW look good. Since the advent of transmogrification (transmog for short), players can swap the style of a weapon or armor piece to look like any previously obtained item. Blizzard seems to have taken this as an excuse to stop making art assets for high-end raids. It was the case in ages past that each class would get its own unique set of armor for running a high-end raid, but that's no longer the case. It serves only to contribute to the sense that gear doesn't matter, your class "fantasy" doesn't matter.
upamfva
Thành viên 4 sao
Thành viên 4 sao

Bài viết: 102
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 5 Tháng 11 04, 2021 3:02 pm

Quay về Hình ảnh võ phái

Ai đang trực tuyến?

Đang xem chuyên mục này: carleast13, ebediwaobi, Majestic-12 [Bot], Thomaslek, wattawalkka31 khách.